We at Goldspire are delighted to know that you have decided to change the way you look after your teeth and gums and will now add ultrasound as part of your daily tooth cleaning routine. Unfortunately, the bacteria in your mouth won’t be so delighted.
A 1999 study by Tokyo Medical and Dental University demonstrated (see details on the box) that the therapeutic frequency of 1.6MHz used by the Ultima® toothbrush tears up bacterial chains and even affects the bad bacteria’s cell membrane. Correlation between the Ultima® toothbrush and the MEGASONEX® toothbrush is yet to be determined. Remarkably, all of this happens at a distance of 5mm from the bristle surface. Yet, this ultrasound is completely safe and approved by the FDA for daily home use since 1993. As a matter of fact, medical doctors use the same or similar frequency in treating broken bones. This is why it is called a therapeutic frequency.
Most dentists recommend soft toothbrushes so as not to scratch your tooth’s enamel and hurt your gums. You will notice that the MEGASONEX® toothbrush is extremely gentle. It doesn’t have to be aggressive in order to be effective. As a matter of fact, the sweeping motion is almost two times or more slower than other toothbrushes on today’s market. We think that someday all toothbrushes will use this technology.
In the meantime, all of us at Goldspire Group hope that you will enjoy your new MEGASONEX® toothbrush, see dramatic differences in your oral hygiene and will start getting compliments from your dental professionals.
Goldspire Group Ltd
⚠ Safeguards ⚠
Please read the following instructions carefully before use. Basic safety precautions should be followed when using this or any other electrical device.
As with any electrical device, to reduce the risk of electrocution:
- Do not place or drop any part of this charger or converter mechanism into water or any liquid.
- Do not store the charger or converter where it could fall or be pulled into water such as into the tub, sink or other liquid.
- If this were to happen, DO NOT reach for the charger. Unplug immediately. Do not use immediately thereafter. Allow several days for the charger or converter to dry thoroughly before attempting to use again.
To reduce the risk of burns, electrocution, fire or injury:
- Close supervision is necessary when this product is used by or on children or the disabled. Discontinue use if you are unable to handle this product properly.
- Use this product only for its intended use as described below. Do not use attachments other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not use the toothbrush charger, handle or brush head if damaged or if there are any loose or damaged components. This product contains no serviceable parts. The electrical cord of this appliance cannot be replaced. If the cord is damaged, discard and replace entire converter assembly.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces. Never operate the converter if it has a damaged cord or plug.
- If the cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
- Unplug the converter before cleaning and make sure it is dry before plugging it back into an electrical outlet. Do not fully immerse the charger or converter in water to clean.
- Consult your dental professional before using this product if you have recently had oral or gum surgery.
- Contact your dental professional if excessive bleeding occurs while using this product or minor bleeding continues to occur after one week of use.
- If you have questions concerning usage with a pacemaker or other implanted device, consult your physician or the implanted device manufacturer prior to use. The MEGASONEX® toothbrush has been tested and is compliant with safety standards for electromagnetic interference.
- Do not use if the brush head has been crushed or the bristles are bent. Damaged bristles could break off while brushing.
- This is an oral care product designed for cleaning teeth. Do not use for other purposes.
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. It has not been tested on, and therefore should not be used on: pregnant patients, diabetic patients or patients with oral cancer.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
The MEGASONEX® toothbrush is designed for daily home use with a toothpaste of your choice, as you would with any manual or electric toothbrush. It can easily be used by individuals with crowns, implants, veneers and restorations or fillings and is intended to be used to fight gingivitis and plaque formation which often lead to gum bleeding and recession, calculus and caries (cavities). Note that the MEGASONEX® toothbrush operates on therapeutic ultrasound, not electromagnetic radiation such as that used by mobile phones or metal detectors.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Charging your toothbrush
The MEGASONEX® toothbrush should be charged for 18 hours prior to your first use. It cannot be overcharged since the battery will stop accepting a charge when full. At that point, the base charger will automatically go into a standby mode in order to save electricity. Taking the brush in and out of the charger base may reactivate the charging mechanism.
Connecting the voltage converter to the base charger
When connecting the cord to the base charger, there is only one way that it will fit in.
To charge your toothbrush
Plug the cord into the base charger and the converter into an electrical outlet. When you place the handle of the brush into the base charger, the power indicator light on the handle will start to pulse red when the battery is charging. The pulsing red light will turn solid white when it is fully charged.
A full charge on a new battery should last for approximately 28 three-minute applications or two weeks of use.
The converter is designed to accept 100-240V and 50-60Hz power for your convenience while traveling overseas. An appropriate adapter plug is all that is required.
Your charger can also be used to hold your toothbrush on the countertop without the cord. Just unplug the cord and place the brush into the base charger.
Note: For optimal charging efficacy, do not place the base charger on a metallic surface.
Taking brush heads on and off
To remove your brush head
Grasp the middle section of the brush handle. Twist the lock on the neck of the brush in the direction of the arrow embossed on it. Slide the brush head off the wand gently.
To attach your brush head
Twist the lock embossed on the neck of the brush head in the direction of the arrow embossed on it. Align the brush head above the wand on the brush handle. Slide the brush head over the wand until the locking ring rests on the brush handle. Twist the lock on the neck of the brush opposite to the direction of the arrow embossed on it.
For optimal performance, your MEGASONEX® toothbrush should be fully charged. Follow these simple steps to maximize the effectiveness of your brushing:
- Wet the bristles under running water and place toothpaste on the brush head. To ensure an even and thorough brushing, mentally divide your mouth into six sections.
- Position the bristles in the back section of your bottom teeth angled into the gumline and turn the brush on. Hold the toothbrush handle with a light grip. Move the brush in a small circular motion so the bristles and fluid penetrate between each tooth. Gently move the brush covering all surfaces of each tooth starting from the buccal (cheek) side, then the occlusal (biting) side (in the case of the back teeth), and then the lingual (tongue) side. Spend a few seconds on each tooth and then move the brush to the next tooth.
- After 30 seconds you will be prompted to move to the next section. Continue for a total of 3 minutes (30 seconds per each of the 6 sections of the mouth, i.e. 3 sections on the upper jaw and 3 on the lower) during which time you have covered all the teeth, both upper and lower ones. Let the brush do all the work. Do not press too hard or scrub. Try to keep as much fluid around the bristles as possible. Spend extra time working the bristles into the periodontal pockets where plaque collects below the gumline. Ask your dental professional for help in identifying these areas.
Since teeth are porous, activities like smoking, drinking black tea or coffee and eating highly pigmented foods like blackberries, mustard and others (anything that can stain white cotton) can stain your teeth. The MEGASONEX® toothbrush will help to remove most fresh surface stains, however years of neglect may require the work of a dental hygienist or dentist.
Removal of stains will definitely brighten your teeth. However, if you want to make your teeth not only brighter but also whiter, we recommend you visit your dentist and have your teeth professionally whitened. A beautiful, healthy white smile is something that is appreciated everywhere in the world.
Use on dental work
The MEGASONEX® toothbrush is completely safe to use on dental restorations (fillings), crowns, braces, veneers and implants.
Selection and replacement of brush heads
Nearly all dentists now agree that brushing with a hard bristled toothbrush can damage tooth enamel and irritate the gums, which can lead to gum recession. This is why they recommend gentle toothbrushes. Ultrasound is extremely gentle… so gentle that it is almost impossible to feel its action. However, hard bristles can negate this beneficial effect. This is why we offer you a choice of two different kinds of brush heads: Soft and Medium.
Our brush heads are designed to maintain their shape and effectiveness for approximately three months of regular use, depending on personal habits. For maximum effectiveness, avoid pressing too hard on the tooth surface to the point where the bristles bend. Let the ultrasound from the Megacrystal™ do your dirty work. Your enamel and gums will thank you. And, this way, you won’t have to replace brush heads as often.
Toothbrush speed selection
The MEGASONEX® toothbrush is designed to give off ultrasound whenever the brush is on. (See the blue indicator light above the on/off button). However, some people prefer a more aggressive bristle movement and others less. With the MEGASONEX® toothbrush you have three choices: regular gentle speed (approximately 18,000 movements per minute), extra gentle speed (approximately 9,000 movements per minute) or zero speed. This option is for patients with conditions that require manual cleaning, but with the benefit of ultrasound.
When you first turn on your MEGASONEX® toothbrush by pressing the “On/Off” button, the mini-computer inside the toothbrush selects the speed of 18,000 movements per minute by default. Should you wish to select the slower speed, first turn off the brush, then turn it back on by pressing the “On/Off” button two times, about a half second apart. Should you wish to select the zero speed option, first turn off the brush, then press the “On/Off” button three times (about a half second apart each time you press). Now the blue ultrasound light will be on but there will be no noticeable brush movements.
Cleaning and maintenance
The MEGASONEX® toothbrush is a maintenance-free device, which means that you don’t have to oil it, change parts (except for the brush head, of course) or do anything special to it. However, with use it will probably get dirty, so we recommend that you remove the brush head and clean the body of the brush with a wet soapy cloth. Remove the soap residue with a clean wet cloth. This procedure should be done at least weekly.
It is not a good idea to immerse the product under water, even though the parts have been factory sealed to prevent water penetration. Periodically clean the base charger by first disconnecting the electrical converter and then cleaning with a wet cloth. Be careful not to saturate or immerse the base charger into water. Let completely dry.
Each time after you finish cleaning your teeth, it is a good idea to rinse your brush head in cold clean water, to shake off excess moisture and to dry the bristles and brush handle. Mold thrives in warm humid conditions such as the inside of any brush head after use. Don’t give it a chance to grow!
Toothbrush operating frequencies
- Ultrasonic frequency
- Approximately 1.6 Megahertz
- Approximately 96 million pulsations/minute
- Approximately 192 million movements/minute
- Sonic frequency
- Approximately 150/75/0 Hertz
- Approximately 18,000/9,000/0 movements/minute
- 4.8V NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride)
- Uses per charge (new)
- Up to 28 three minute applications (roughly two weeks) per charge
- Electrical converter (wall plug) input
- 100–240V AC
- Output to base
- 12V DC
- M8 Base
- 12V DC
The choice of batteries for this toothbrush has been made with the environment in mind. Since it is a high quality NiMH battery that should serve for many years, it does not have to be removed and the entire brush can be disposed per your local regulations for electrical devices. The battery is not designed to be replaced since restoring the waterproof seal on the brush can only be done in a factory environment.
Goldspire Group Ltd. warrants this appliance to be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of one or two years from the date of original purchase, depending on local regulations. In the rare case of product malfunction, kindly email us for instruction on how to handle servicing in the country where you purchased it by using the contact form here. Please indicate “MEGASONEX® Warranty Support” in the title section of your email.
Limitation of remedies
In no event shall Goldspire Group Ltd. or any of its distributors, affiliated or subsidiary companies be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages based upon breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, tort or any other legal theory. Such damages include, without limitation, loss of use; the claims of third parties including, but without limitation, dentists and dental hygienists and cost of any substitute equipment or services.
MEGASONEX® is a registered trademark of Goldspire Group Ltd. in select countries. Ultima® is a registered trademark of Salton Inc. and Asahi Irika Co. Ltd. Goldspire Group Ltd. and Salton Inc. or Asahi Irika Co. Ltd. are not related in any way.